DistillerSR Inc. Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
At DistillerSR Inc., we are committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, and inclusive environment. Furthermore, we pledge to comply with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). The Company’s operations follow the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equity of opportunity for people with disabilities. In accordance with these regulations, we will meet the accessibility needs of persons with disability in a timely manner and ensure that all individuals receive adequate accommodations when and where required.
- Establish a clear communication protocol to inform candidates about the availability of special accommodations during the hiring process.
- The Talent function will collaborate with all Business Units to develop and train Hiring Managers on streamlined procedures for addressing and fulfilling candidates’ specific accessibility needs.
- Training is provided to all employees, contract personnel, and others who interact with the public or other third parties on behalf of the Company.
- Training will inform employees and stakeholders of their responsibility to meet the expectations of this Plan. The Talent function will ensure content of this Plan and the accompanying Accessibility Policy is current. Adherence to this learning will be documented through the organization’s standard compliance processes.
- Training to cover key subjects:
- Review of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the requirements of relevant standards.
- Interaction and communication with persons with various types of disability.
- Interaction with persons with disabilities using assistive devices, guide dogs, service animals, or the assistance of a support person.
- Procedures to follow if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing a particular good or service.
Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- In 2023, a refreshed organizational Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee was established to strengthen our commitment to diversity and inclusion through development of a DEIB Strategy.
- This strategy will include targeted initiatives, fostering a workplace culture that values employee wellbeing and engagement through an inclusive workplace..
- The DistillerSR Inc. DEIB Committee will establish programs to build a workplace where any employee can bring their full self to work, thrive and be successful.
Continuous Improvement and Policy Review
- Conduct regular reviews of our multi-year accessibility plan to ensure ongoing compliance with accessibility standards.
- Seek employee feedback and engagement to identify areas for improvement and adjustments to policies, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
For more information on our multi-year accessibility plan, please contact:
Director of Talent, DistillerSR Inc.
505 March Rd, Suite 450
Kanata, ON K2K 3A4
Phone: (613) 212-0051
Email: [email protected]
Standard and accessible formats of this document are available upon request with no cost.